Friday, February 17, 2006

"Sleepless in Surprise"

Another sleepless night!

I went to bed at 9pm and woke up at 11pm. I was so uncomfortable and feeling lathargic that I couldn't get comfortable to go back to bed. I was up watching TV for awhile. After an hour or two I decided to go downstairs and sit in the recliner. Before I knew it, it was 3:30am. The whole time I was awake, Baby M was kicking, tumbling and rolling around. I thought by now Baby M would have run out of room to move the way he/she has been moving. But apparently not. The movements are more sudden than before and actually hurt when it's so sudden! Occasionally I can feel parts of Baby's body. I'm not quite sure what part of its body, but I'm thinking it's the back, butt or knees.

I was finally able to sleep at 4am and didn't wake up til 11am! When I woke up, Kevin had cooked me waffles and sausage. YUM! It really hit the spot. Now I'm just relaxing on the couch just as the Dr. suggested.

Aside from all of the venting I've been doing, there are some good things I'm thankful for during my pregnancy. Here is a list of those good things:
-I didn't gain too much weight. Total weight so far, 10 1/2 lbs
-My belly button didn't pop out
-Didn't get the "linea negra"
-Being able to sit and relax when I wanted to
-Being able to watch all the Baby shows on tv
-The Baby websites and discussion boards on the internet
-Sharing stories with other friends who are pro-mommies or soon to be mommies
-Splurging on dessert when I craved ice cream
-The fact that I actually started to ENJOY drinkng water and water only

No comments: