Sunday, February 26, 2006

"Let's get this started!"

Today was the “big day” for Baby McMaster. It was the day I was going to get induced. It was set….9pm check in at Banner Thunderbird. For the last few hours of Kevin and I being together before we become “parents” we decided to do some last minute things together, do some errands and spend quality time together before checking into the hospital.

9:00pm
– Got checked into our birthing room. Since I was already dilated to 1cm, they thought it would go quick for me to dilate more. They started me off with some “gel” to induce me. An hour later I was dilated to 2cm. By 10pm I was dilated to 4cm.
Spent the rest of the night going through contractions and just "waiting". Eventually I would dilate completely and the Dr would have to break my water bag.

No comments: