Monday, January 30, 2006

Our 11th Prenatal Appointment

Currently: 36 weeks

WOW..11th appt already. I feel like we've been living at the Dr's office! Everything went well. My gestational diabetes is under control. Baby is still growing a tad bit ahead of schedule and my weight has been slowly creeping up. I gained another 1/2 lb. It seems like it's been about a half a pound a week! Baby M decided to kick and move while the Dr was checking its heartbeat. Going from side to side on my stomach. It's kinda funny and scary at the same time whenever he/she does that. Suddenly my stomach will be uneven.

Dr. Phillips was impressed at the fact that I've done so well. I think I've done ok, but believe me...I have many aches and pains that I felt I couldn't handle. He assured me the Braxton Hicks contractions would be coming more frequently. He's happy I didn't swell in the hands or feet. He says I'm still considered "high risk" because of my blood pressure...but I've been a good high risk pregnant lady cause my blood pressure has been under control. YAY!

He also told us that he suggested to Kevin to start his leave anywhere between Feb 21st and Feb 27th to be safe. He said if it happens sooner, then it happens sooner. Oh my gosh..that was a reality check huh? The baby's position hasn't completely dropped.....but is lower than before. So Dr. Phillips said the baby is on its way down. He also measured and said he feels like the baby is still growing a little bit ahead of schedule. Our last ultrasound on Feb. 7th will confirm everything. *WHEW*

No comments: