Thursday, December 13, 2007

Kameron Ethan McMaster's Arrival

Yet another sleepless night. I don't know if I just had anxiety or what but I did not sleep a wink. Lastnight we went to dinner at Asian Seafood Buffet since I knew I was going to be able to eat all day until after my labor.


With no sleep and much anticipation, I got up and ready 4:30am. I took a long hot shower and one last photo of my belly! WOAH! I kissed Konnor goodbye as he slept. My Mom gave me a kiss and a hug good bye and good luck. Kevin and I made a stop at Jack in the Box for a supreme croissant since I wasn't going to be able to eat again until after labor. Oh did I savor that breakfast as much as possible. We check in at 6:30am at Fallbrook hospital. I knew the routine already since I had been there several times before. Dr. Dresbach came in and checked me at 7:15am. I was 3-4 cm dilated. Great start! They started me on pitocin at 8:20am. I tried to rest for a good few hours. Kevin left to have breakfast. My parents came with Konnor 11ish. I felt several contractions all throughoutt he early labor but it wasn't anything unbearable. Let's just say I have a high tolerance for pain. At around 3:52pm the anesthesiologist came in to administer the epdirual. After 3 tries, she finally got it where it needed to be. Needless to say...it didn't work! She gave me some bullsh*t excuse that my tattoo on my lower back was right in the place the epirdural needed to be. WHATEVER! So the nurse kept checking with me to see if I was feeling numbness or that the epidural was working...but it wasn't. At 3:56pm Dr. Dresbach broke my water. WOAH! I'm so glad I've never had to experience that in public. Talk about GUSH! At 5:15pm I was 5cm, by 5:30pm I had jumped to 8cm! By then I was started to feel intense contractions and were in pain! Within 10 minutes I was a full 10cm dialted. It was awful. I cried through contractions and felt like giving up. 5:45pm I started pushing. After about 15 minutes of pushing Kameron Ethan McMaster was born!





5:59pm 7lbs 15oz 20 inches What a beautiful baby. He looked identical to Konnor when he was born! Definitely another one who looks like his Daddy!



Our family picture as FOUR! "Fantastic Four"

No comments: